Master Course features
The Post-graduate Program in Periodontology lasts three years and entails daily, full-time attendance, in accordance with the guidelines issued by the European Association of Periodontics. The first two-year study period is devoted to periodontal issues and topics and leads to awarding the Level 2 Master Degree in Periodontics. During the third year, issues and topics concerning implantology are dealt with regard to the treatment of patients suffering from consequences of periodontal diseases. The successful completion of the third year’s course of study entails the award of the Level 2 Master Degree in dental-periodontal biomedical engineering.
Main goals of the Course
- To acquire an ethically correct professional behaviour
- To get knowledgeable about basic biological sciences, as well as periodontics and implantology at a specialized level
- To be capable of organizing and coordinating a dental treatment team, from diagnosis to treatment
- To be capable of giving adequate non-surgical treatment based on the peculiarities and features of the individual patients
- To be capable of developing a multidisciplinary “patient-centered” treatment plan
- To be capable of carrying out all periodontal surgical techniques
- To be capable of treating, by surgical means, the deformities affecting the hard and soft tissues, in view of implanting
- To be capable of planning an implant-based treatment for patients suffering from the consequences of periodontal diseases
- To be capable of carrying out correct implant positioning
- To be capable of planning and monitoring a maintenance therapy on a case-by-case basis
- To get fully knowledgeable about the relevant literature and be capable of discussing it critically
- To acquire teaching skills by presenting and discussing one’s own clinical cases as well as by organizing workshops dealing with one single topic
- To be capable of developing and leading research projects.