EFP Post-Graduate Programm (January 2022-December 2024)
3 year Postgraduate Program in Periodontology and Implantology accredited by European Federation of Periodontology (2 years perio + 1 year implant).
Full time attendance.
Fee: 18.000 € each year.
Admission test: oral interview in Italian or English on the suggested book Clinical Periodontology and Implant Dentistry by Lindhe.
The oral interview will be held on November 18th at 9.00 a.m. at the Periodontology Department at the 2nd floor at the Dental School (only for logistic reasons it is possible to schedule an online meeting).
Master Course features
The Post-graduate Program in Periodontology lasts 3 years and entails daily, full-time attendance, in accordance with the guidelines issued by the European Federation of Periodontology. The first 2 year study period is focused on periodontology and leads to obtaining the Level 2 Master Degree in Periodontology. The third year of the Master Program is more focused on implantology and leads to obtaining the Level 2 Master Degree in Dental-Periodontal Biomedical Engineering.
Main goals of the Course
- To acquire an ethically correct professional behaviour
- To have comprehensive knowledge of the biological basis sciences, periodontology and implantology at a specialistic level
- To be able of organizing and coordinating a dental team, from diagnosis to treatment
- Be competent of performing adequate non-surgical treatment based on the peculiarities and features of the individual patients
- To be capable of developing a multidisciplinary “patient-centered” treatment plan
- To be capable of carrying out all periodontal surgical techniques
- To be capable of treating, by surgical means, the deformities affecting the hard and soft tissues, in view of implanting
- To be capable of planning an implant-based treatment for patients suffering from the consequences of periodontal diseases
- To be capable of carrying out correct implant positioning
- To be capable of planning and monitoring a maintenance therapy on a case-by-case basis
- To get fully knowledgeable about the relevant literature and be capable of discussing it critically
- To acquire teaching skills by presenting and discussing one’s own clinical cases as well as by organizing workshops dealing with one single topic
- To be capable of developing and leading research projects.